Post by Vester Lombard on Feb 9, 2016 17:55:00 GMT
Without having played the game, what are your initial thoughts on the rulebook? Is anything confusing? Could anything be phrased better? I'd like to get the rules clear enough for a slightly intoxicated person to learn how to play.
Post by Cameron "Booker" on Feb 11, 2016 1:29:19 GMT
It would be cool if there was a mechanic for directly killing your opponent's tribute cards and receiving food or an item from that player.
It would also be interesting if there were alternate win conditions for each alliance leader. Like Millie Having something based around "No One Dies" and Vester having something like "Best Game Ever" involving killing tributes.
Post by Quinn Starling on Feb 11, 2016 2:48:12 GMT
1. If you draw a 4th tribute, does it go back into the cornucopia? If it's "off to the side" I would worry the game would run out of tributes. Wouldn't it be better if someone else could later draw that tribute card down the road? OR Why not be able to swap one out? A bit of strategy involved, maybe if they can choose which one to toss out.
2. Along those same lines...how many cards will this be? Obviously 4-6 alliance leaders, but then how many tributes? Would "running out of tribute cards if discarded" be an issue? I guess if an empty cornucopia pile would end the game, you'd want them to be discarded...
3. How many items can you hold (unused) at a time? Should there be a limit?
4. There is no stacking tributes, correct? Only one activated at a time?
5. Under Events: "The player who has received the passed card may now attempt the challenge or pass to the left again." = I think we should change the wording of this because this makes it sound like the passed event card, as in they succeeded. Maybe more like, "If you succeed, keep the event card with its Food reward visible to all players. If you fail, discard the activated tribute (if any), take one damage, and pass the event card to your left. The player who has received the failed event card may now attempt the challenge or pass to the left again."
6. Does that failed event card then go all the way around the table back to the original person that drew the card? Is the "last available person" the one to the RIGHT of the original card-drawer?
7. In the red die example, it makes it sound like you "must" also use a tribute card bonus. Maybe include, "must roll a 4 or higher or must add up to at least a 4 if using a red Strength skill bonus from a Tribute card."
8. Being technical, I don't think it actually says "Use a 6-sided die" anywhere...
9. Should Tribute Cards rules include something about following the special Tribute characteristics & sub-rules? Do those apply as long as that Tribute Card is on the table, until they're deactivated/discarded?
10. There is no number 10. I just wanted it to be an even number.
Walltur: Mmk, I can see that now
Mar 17, 2016 15:19:37 GMT
Vester Lombard: Beating a seeker in the 4th is pretty huge. Each IP is essentially erasing the effect of one of their successful searches.
Mar 17, 2016 16:28:34 GMT
Quinn Starling: Yeah, I would have hit Ginger more if I thought she'd rest up or if you'd heal her. But I figured that you guys would maybe leave her at 2 since that was her max, especially since we decided to stay inujurred, too Lol
Mar 17, 2016 16:36:34 GMT
Quinn Starling: We planned back between periods 2-3 to consider staying injured if we got to -3 again, to waste any coming beatings. If you aim for low DCs, have enough skill to make up for the IP, AND get lucky, it's sometimes worth it to keep the damage & keep rolling
Mar 17, 2016 17:34:53 GMT
Vester Lombard: I think in the 2nd period you definitely have to rest. 3rd period, maybe, pending your team strategy. 4th period, probably not.
Mar 17, 2016 21:14:43 GMT
Sprye Tatel: In the interest of not adding a new post each day to the Space Debate threads, would we be interested in sharing ideas via Google Docs? tinyurl.com/zlk8sb3
Mar 21, 2016 5:01:20 GMT
Quinn Starling: I'm in favor of death penalty for illegal pretty floral bonnets. I think that needs to be an argument that happens Lol
Mar 21, 2016 13:54:41 GMT
Walltur: Pro, but under the argument that all viewers of the bonnet be executed, rather than the wearer. Deadly illegal bonnets
Mar 22, 2016 4:16:02 GMT
Quinn Starling: Depends on how pretty. We'd need a numerical rating scale, to start. Any bonnet rated 6 or over (by 2/3 vote of galactic council) is determined "pretty" and a single flower may be defined as "floral." Any fixture worn upon the head may serve as "bonnet."
Mar 22, 2016 15:54:13 GMT
Quinn Starling: (that's on a scale of 1-10) And I'd be against death penalty for illegal ones (unregistered, obtained illegally, etc.) Jail sentencing and community work are appropriate, but not death penalty. Too extreme.
Mar 22, 2016 15:56:18 GMT
Vester Lombard: While I am against the death penalty for pretty floral bonnets, I do think that all people who have encountered the bonnet should have their brains slightly melted. I think this would both save lives and prevent any risk of spreading that fashion
Mar 22, 2016 16:25:34 GMT
Sprye Tatel: Again with the slightly-melting brains proposal? Seems very convenient for the Muppet-race; who can re-grow/stuff brain cells! Whose pocket are you in? Who is pulling your strings!?
Mar 22, 2016 17:16:41 GMT
Sprye Tatel: I say that the punishment should fit the crime: The penalty for Pretty Floral Bonnet's (PFB's) should be death by PFB!
Mar 22, 2016 17:19:46 GMT
Quinn Starling: I have found my people. This is where I belong <3
Mar 22, 2016 23:08:03 GMT
Walltur: Any games coming down the pipe? Online practice game of Cornucopia?
Apr 6, 2016 15:19:22 GMT
Vester Lombard: If you guys want we could try doing some online Galactic Debate. It would lose a bit of the spontaneous improv element when played on the forum, but maybe it could at least help figure out which cards are fun or boring.
Apr 11, 2016 16:36:36 GMT
Quinn Starling: We could schedule a "live" session and either skype or have the speaker type up their response within a certain time frame. So, speaker says they're free at 9pm. At 8:55 they're given their topic, then they have from 9:00-9:05 to type up their platform...?
Apr 11, 2016 17:53:36 GMT